Undergraduate & Graduate Student Research Scholarships
The Distillers Grains Technology Council (DGTC) is pleased to announce the recognition of outstanding graduate and undergraduate students and their research accomplishments encompassing distillers’ products and technologies at the 2023 Distillers Grains Technology Council Symposium in August in Des Moines, Iowa. If you know of an outstanding candidate, please forward this information and encourage them to apply.
DGTC will be providing a number of research scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students. The goal of this program is to recognize outstanding research accomplishments of graduate and undergraduate students who conduct research in the area of distillers’ products and technologies.
For nearly 80 years, the DGTC has provided an annual symposium on distillers’ grains. This symposium has a long tradition of covering current, relevant topics on distillers’ grains, including production, processing, feeding, utilization, transportation, regulatory, marketing, and non-traditional uses.
At this year’s symposium, we intend to offer $500 scholarships to current graduate and undergraduate students that have completed original research, which has resulted in new knowledge on distillers’ grains production/distribution, animal feeding (nutrition), or other applications/uses.
This year's symposium is scheduled for August 8-9 at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown in Des Moines, IA. Winning applicants must attend the symposium to receive their scholarships. The DGTC will cover all pre-approved travel expenses to attend. Recipients must prepare a poster describing their research, which will be exhibited at the symposium. Additionally, the award winners will be required to give a 5-minute overview presentation of their research during one of the general sessions.
These scholarships will be provided to current graduate/undergraduate students that have completed original research which has resulted in new knowledge on distillers grains production/distribution, animal feeding (nutrition), or other applications/uses.
These scholarships will be provided by full and associate member companies of the Distillers Grains Technology Council (DGTC). Some of the members who have provided past scholarships include: ADM, Beam-Suntory, DuPont, Hoxie Feed Yard, Land O’Lakes Purina Feeds, PhibroChem, etc.
Judges of the scholarship applications will be representatives of the member companies that provided funding. Winners of scholarships will receive $500, and will have pre-approved travel expenses and symposium registration paid for by these companies.
- Candidate must be a current graduate/undergraduate student of a college or university in the USA or Canada.
- Applicant must fill out the attached application form that briefly describes their research work, results and new knowledge contribution. Applicant must also contain their research advisor’s signature.
- Applicant’s research must be original and provide new information in one or more of the following areas: animal nutrition, production/distribution, or other applications/uses.
- Research previously published or presented is eligible if it has not been published or presented more than nine (9) months before the symposium.
- If distillers grains is utilized or produced as part of the research, then it must meet the legal definition as printed in the American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Official Publication for Distillers Grains Products. Details for procurement of this publication can be found at www.aafco.org.
- Completed applications must be submitted by email by Friday, June 2, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship winners:
- Will be notified via email later in June.
- Must attend the DGTC Symposium August 8-9, 2023.
- Will be required to prepare a poster describing their research, which will be exhibited at the symposium. Additionally, the award winners will be required to give a 5-minute overview presentation of their research during one of the general sessions.
- Scholarship award checks and certificates will be presented as part of the symposium program.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until June 2, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.